[Resolved] Trying to implemetn BLM Campaigg on homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trying to implemetn BLM Campaigg on homepage

Home Forums Support Trying to implemetn BLM Campaigg on homepage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ian

I am trying to run the colourless campaign as per one BLM movement. This code works on other themes but I cannot get it to stick on GP. Any ideas what I may be missing?

html .home {
    -moz-filter: grayscale(100%);
    -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);
    filter: gray; / IE6-9 /
    filter: grayscale(100%);
    }

Supposed to make the homepage colourless. Works inside Chrome > Customizer > Additional CSS and when I paste it into styles.css of the child theme. Edge is not showing colourless though. Any ideas?

Add on: Works in Edge on another theme. Thought maybe the CSS is somehow theme specific?

Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

did you resolve the issue? As its working on my browsers.

Ian

I have tried 2 machines. Chrome works for sites running GP and another theme. Microsoft Edge only works on the another theme. GTmetrix and Webpagetest seem to bring back colourless.

I was wondering if I am targeting something incorrectly in the CSS that is specific to GP + Microsoft Edge? Is that even possible?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is nothing the Theme does to effect the way a CSS property would be interpreted by a browser.

Done a google search and a few bugs are reported, where other CSS properties such as negative z-index or opacity that breaks the filters in edge e.g.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/43379825

Ian

Very odd. One site not running GP is working fine from the code I implemented inside Cutomizer > Additional CSS. 2 sites running GP, no luck. Very odd.

Thank you for your help. I will leave it as is since it seems like an Edge issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you want to share the link to non GP site i can take a quick look to see what may be different.

Ian

Nice David. Just updated the URL in the original post to the non GP site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nope can’t see any real differences. A few more z-index elements on the GP site but thats about it.
    If you want to put the URL back to the GP site – ill ask Tom or Leo to look when their online.

Can you treble check its not a browser caching issue – just in case 🙂

Ian

Done David. I entered both the working and non working domains with notes. Let’s see if that takes.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, the same CSS works on other pages if you add it in developer tools – it seems to only affect the home page.

Maybe some of the content effects (fading in etc..) are interfering?

Ian

Thanks for looking into this GP team! No worries Tom. This is a one-off code that we will expire in another day once the campaign is over. In short, I did not want to run the actual BLM script so trying to use some simple CSS to make the homepage colourless. Ran into this issue and the only difference I could quickly see was running Edge + GP as opposed to Chrome + GP and only happening to sites that I manage running the GP theme. But I don’t think that’s enough to draw a definitive conclusion as the sites are not identical. It could be anything at this point. Let’s leave it.

Thanks again everyone!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.