[Resolved] Trying to find a way to parallax the featured image in posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trying to find a way to parallax the featured image in posts

Home Forums Support Trying to find a way to parallax the featured image in posts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Thought it would be with the Elements feature, I tried experimenting with that, and the best I achieved was a thin strip of featured image which didn’t parallax scroll. Couldn’t find any settings to make this element bigger. I did enable parallax and did check the hide featured image.

Basically, the featured images on my site are large, and I’d like for the content to scroll up and over the featured image, and hoped parallax might do this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can increase the height of a Header Element ( so more featured image is visible ) by increasing the Top and Bottom Padding in the element settings.

Michael

I have it working now David, not sure how to move the text around inside the element, it seems to align with the top of the featured image. I’d like it aligned to the bottom, but I’m sure I can figure that out.

What I can’t find a setting/solution for is to make it stretch to the sidebar instead of across the container. I’ve set both settings to contained.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

To align the content to the bottom of the Header Element simply add Top Padding only and zero out the bottom padding.

Do you want the header element within the primary content so it sites to the left of the sidebar?

Michael

Hi David,

Yes that’s what I was after so the primary content has the featured image across to the left of the sidebar. I’ll try the other with the padding, thanks.

Can’t believe I didn’t know this feature was here. Excellent.

Michael

Also, I found the code in the forums here to adjust the speed of the parallax, does this control how quickly it moves, or how quickly it starts? It seems to be the former. Is there a way to adjust how quickly it starts to move. What I mean is when I scroll down, it seems to parallax too late to see the effect.

If it started sooner, it would look better.

Thanks for all your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use the PHP Snippet to move the Header Element above the post content:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_hero_location/

This filter adjusts the speed:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_header_parallax_speed/

There isn’t much other control for the parallax unfortunately.

Michael

Thanks for your replies David, much appreciated.

Michael

I notice there’s a delay before the side bar is displayed when using the header element, I closed this as the solution was there, but now I’m jumping between posts, although the header element looks great. The delay before the sidebar loads is a bit annoying. Any ideas what is causing that ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic for the separate question?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

Of course, I was in two minds about that, I realised it was a follow on, but it is about something different.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.