[Resolved] Translate Copyright Footer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Translate Copyright Footer

Home Forums Support Translate Copyright Footer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BrianZ

Hi there,

I am using WPML to translate a site into 3 languages. How can I translate the text in the custom footer?

In this location from the Dashboard:
    Appearance -> Customize -> Copyright

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Brian,

Apparently it should show up automatically: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/customizer/

Let me know if that doesn’t work.

BrianZ

Hi Tom,

I saw the same post as well as many others with a similar issue. Either I just can’t find that string in my String Translations or I’m just doing something wrong. Either way, it doesn’t seems to be playing nice with me. πŸ™

I went through the forums at WPML before coming here, but I didn’t post my question there…yet. Any other suggestions?

The information that is written in Appearance -> Customize -> Copyright is saved where in the database?

BrianZ

Hello,

Okay, I found it! πŸ™‚

WPML String Translation needs to be installed for this to work. (As the WPML forum thread states)

For anyone not wanting to go to the WPML Forum, this is what you do.

From the Dashboard click -> WPML -> String Translation then at the bottom you will see “Translate texts in admin screens”. Click it.

This is where I couldn’t find it, but alas, I did!

From there, click “+ theme_mods_generatepress” (which is hiding in a drop down) then select (check) “generate_copyright”, scroll down and click “Apply”

Go back to WPML -> String Translation. At the top, search for “Copyright”. Whatever you wrote in the copyright section in the Customizer should show up. Happy translating! πŸ™‚

Thanks Tom!

Stay amazing,
    Brian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perfect, glad you found it! Thanks for posting the steps πŸ™‚

Peter

Just a feedback:
    Thanks to the fantastic support forum and the post of BrianZ it was possible to find the solution in a matter of minutes.
    Sorting it out on my own would have needed hours.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear! Thank you! πŸ™‚

Roberto Enrique

Awesome!
    Thanks @BrianZ !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.