[Support request] Transition from Sticky to normal Nav not smooth

Home Forums Support [Support request] Transition from Sticky to normal Nav not smooth

Home Forums Support Transition from Sticky to normal Nav not smooth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi there,

I really love Generate Press, we’ve been using it on several of our sites and we bought the license to access all features. I haven’t posted any ticket yet here because the forum allows me to find out a lot of information, but this time I needed to create one :).

I have been having a problem with sticky navigation. When I scroll down the transition is not smooth (even though I used the Smooth Scroll class). The problem occurs straight from the start when scrolling down, but even more so when scrolling back up. The transition from sticky back to normal NAV is really chunky.

It also happens on a few others websites with the same settings.

What could be the problem here?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not seen this very often, but its related to the PNG logo being scaled down in size.
    If you set the Sticky Navigation menu item height to the same as the Primary Nav then it won’t rescale. Alternatively i would use an SVG image which shouldn’t display the same issues as a PNG.

Just to note – the smooth-scroll doesn’t effect the way the transition works. It solely for smooth scrolling to jump links from the navigation.

Anonymous

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

I thought it was the logo scaling that caused this. I followed your first suggestion and it worked. However I’d rather use different height for the sticky nav. I’ll let you know if changing to SVG will work out. Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.