[Support request] Top navigation menu items in two lines

Home Forums Support [Support request] Top navigation menu items in two lines

Home Forums Support Top navigation menu items in two lines

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Monika

Hi there,
    Some of my menu items are very long and I would like to style them so that they are displayed in two lines. When I add a <br> to the navigation label, wording is displayed in 2 lines, but the line height is way too big…could you please help with this issue? Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Monika,

This post might help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/css-line-break-menu/#post-202661

Let me know.

Monika

Yep – that did the trick! Thank you so much, Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re very welcome. Credit to Tom πŸ™‚

Monika

Hi there, I’ve got another question in regards to the navigation set-up. Now that I have my navigation menu styled to display in two lines for desktop, how can I style it to display as just one line for mobile and iPad? As always, I appreciate your assistance. Thank you!
    Monika

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Monika,

Try wrapping the code Tom provided with this:

@media (min-width: 1024px) {
        /* CSS in here for desktop only */
    }

Let me know.

Monika

Hi Leo,
    thank you for your reply. It’s not working yet. I don’t know much about coding, so this is how I updated the css style sheet (see below)… is this correct?… or do I need to add this around the <br/> code in the actual menu?….

@media
    (min-width: 1024px) {
    .main-navigation .main-nav ul li a,
    .menu-toggle, .main-navigation .mobile-bar-items a {
    line-height: inherit;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    }
    /* CSS in here for desktop only */
    }

The only thing that changed after I added the code to the css style sheet was that the mobile menu is now closer together, there is no padding between each menu item… but each menu item is still displayed in two lines.

Monika

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

On a second thought the code way actually won’t work since the <br> tags are inserted in the menu.

I think the easiest thing to do is to create the exact same menu without the <br> tags and set it to your mobile menu πŸ™‚

Monika

Is there a post or link to instructions on how I create a separate menu for mobile? I didn’t see an option anywhere… but maybe I just missed it? Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Checkout this page: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/

The menu you are using right now is probably set to Primary Menu. You can create the exact same menu without the break tags and set it to Slideout Menu for mobile.

Let me know if you need more info.

Chris

This worked for me:

#primary-menu a:link {
        display: flex;
        justify-content: center;
        align-items: center;
        line-height: 1.3em;
        min-height: 100px;
        text-align: center;
    }
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Top navigation menu items in two lines’ is closed to new replies.