[Resolved] Top Bar widgets/menu options?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Top Bar widgets/menu options?

Home Forums Support Top Bar widgets/menu options?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi all,

This isn’t so much a “problem” as it is a request for some advice…

On my site, I want to have a setup that’s pretty common across WP sites.. A top bar that has a smaller secondary menu containing stuff like login, contact, privacy, etc. using simple text links (maybe icons) on one side, and then social links on the other, where they fit and are centered well within the top bar.

Despite my best efforts, trying widgets, custom html, etc.. I can’t get anything to line up or look right. Things aren’t centered (vertically) correct, there’s way more padding on bottom than on top no matter how I adjust the spacing settings, etc.

Is anyone using GeneratePress who’s managed to find a good combo of widgets, plugins, menus, etc… to make that look good? Any tips? Maybe some custom CSS required?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you tried using the merge secondary navigation and top bar option here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/top-bar-widget-area/#secondary-navigation

Then you can use a plugin like Lightweight social icons for the other widget:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-social-icons/

They should automatically center vertically.

If not any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike

I have not tried that option, yet, no. There’s (seemingly) a bajillion different options to choose from, and it was getting overwhelming, so I thought I’d ask if anyone found a good combo that’s working for them.

I’ll give that a look.

Can’t link the site yet, as it’s still in maintenance mode.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good.

Let me know if that’s what you are looking for ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.