[Support request] Tom, Do you sleep? SEO Related + Transferring large site to GP

Home Forums Support [Support request] Tom, Do you sleep? SEO Related + Transferring large site to GP

Home Forums Support Tom, Do you sleep? SEO Related + Transferring large site to GP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mario

Hello GP Team,

I’m a long time user of your theme for many of my client sites in the last 2 years and consider myself a “semi” web developer (5/10).

I’m now focusing on larger clients who will be much more heavy on speed,SEO rankings, and ease of implementation of advanced features which I want to transfer to your theme considering the following:

Q#1 – In regards to installing schema markup (JSON+LD), is there an easy way to do this with your theme? I have a method of doing it with Google Tag Manager to be able to pull in dynamic variables, but want to see if it’s possible to use dynamic variables without GTM for a person who knows HTML/CSS at an intermediate/advanced level and little to no PHP/Javascript but can understand and fix the basics of error codes there…

Q#2 – I started noticing Woocommerce automatically creates JSON+LD for you. Can GP remove this with my own JSON+LD that would contain dynamic variables to pull in for example, reviews from a third party?

I know it’s a loaded question but it’s very important for me! I appreciate the response.

the website you see is doing quite a bit of volume so transferring it will be no easy task, but would like your input on the above.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. We don’t have JSON-LD built in at the moment, but it should be just as easy to implement in GP as anywhere else. You can even use our Elements module to insert page/post type specific JSON-LD using the wp_footer hook.

Alternatively, you can use a JSON-LD plugin. There’s a few of them out there, and they should all work nicely with GP.

2. GP itself can’t remove that JSON-LD for you, but you should be able to remove it with this function:

add_action( 'init', function() {
        if ( ! class_exists( 'WC' ) ) {
            return;
        }

remove_action( 'wp_footer', array( WC()->structured_data, 'output_structured_data' ), 10 ); 
        remove_action( 'woocommerce_email_order_details', array( WC()->structured_data, 'output_email_structured_data' ), 30 );
    } );

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

CRISTO

My guess is he does not sleep…amazed at the service he provides.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.