[Resolved] title and description in Categoris

Home Forums Support [Resolved] title and description in Categoris

Home Forums Support title and description in Categoris

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Maxim

Hi, dear Support! I want to make Title and description but without any Posts in Categories? If i want to have titel and description in Categories there must be posts there but how could i display title and description without any Posts in Categories? i assume i should paste some PHP code in archive.php but i know nothing about PHP. That’s my big problem
    πŸ™
    Thanks a lot!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if there are no Posts in a particular category how would the user reach the Category Archive? And for what purpose?

Maxim

Thanks for quick answer πŸ™‚

I have to describe my Case in details.
    I would like to organize 2 Categories like here https://www.native-english.ru/grammar.
    I just want to make table of contents like in books on certain categories. I will list titles of my posts. I need a lot of place to show all titels of my posts without featured images/Exerpts/Summaries only just links to certain posts. I am going to create site about english language. 2 Categories must be like table of contents. On another categories i will display common post grid or masonry (4 Columns).

Maybe do i have to use static page for my purpos? I don’t know. Or better to applay common Post and list all titles of my posts on it i need to display? What could you recommend me, please =))

Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think static pages would work better for this kind of thing – then you can link to the actual categories to show the necessary posts.

Maxim

Hi, Tom!
    I have some questions about taxonomy.
    i am creating site about English language for Russians.

I will make a category for example: site.com/grammar, and all my posts will be placed in it (all posts related grammar). Then i will make static page: site.com/grammer and place links of titles of my posts (table of contents) from category grammar. There are 2 moments to clarify:

1. Is it ok if there are 2 similar slugs? Category slug is – grammar and Static page slug is – grammar too? Is ok for SEO? Maybe do i have to use <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, nofollow”> for category Grammar?

2. If user is on post inside and he chooses grammar in breadcrumbs then he will be sent to the whole Category but not to the static page where all posts are listed with titles.

thanks a lot and have a nice day =))

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It definitely won’t work if they both have the same URLs, but the category URL should be /category/grammar by default, so it shouldn’t be an issue. If you choose “Post name” in “Settings > Permalinks”, all should be good.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Maxim

Ok, i could make so: site.com/category/grammar and place 10 Posts there, they will be displayed in list or grid, it doesn’t play any role because users won’t see it.

Then i’ll create a static page site.com/grammar and put 10 titles of these posts, titles will be made into links to these Posts in gutenberg because i would like to make table of contents like in book. But i suppose i should do redirect 301 form site.com/category/grammar (category) to site.ru/grammar (static page). If i don’t make redirect 301 form site.com/category/grammar to site.com/grammar then users will come to site.com/category/grammar if they click on breadcrumbs while they are inside the post.

Is it possible to make it only using one category or one static page to avoid any redirections because of breadcrumbs? I assume, in this case must be changed a lot of PHP code? I have just stated to learn PHP, but it takes time =))))

Thanks a lot

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, so your category page and static page will serve the same purpose? If so, this might help: https://docs.wpshowposts.com/article/use-static-pages-as-category-archives/

However, it still might be necessary to set up 301 redirects.

Maxim

Hi, Tom =)
    THanks A lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.