[Resolved] Title and blog date disappear when using sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Title and blog date disappear when using sections

Home Forums Support Title and blog date disappear when using sections

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brent

I’m looking to somewhat ween myself off my page builder, Visual Composer, and I’d like to start using sections. However, when I start a new blog post and activate sections it takes over the page content and gets rid of the blog title and the date that is there by default. I’m not using the “disable elements” in the layout area on the blog backend to remove those items. And I’ve checked the customizer “layout>blog” to ensure that’s set right too. It works fine with a visual composer designed page and a page without visual composer and no sections. But sections would be so nice to use πŸ™‚

Happens when the section is set to contained or full width.

Also happens on pages as well (removes the title, date is not an issue as it’s a page)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brent

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sections are designed that way and remove the entry content etc. I don’t think Tom designed them with Posts in mind but as a lightweight Page Builder.

A simple workaround is to use a Header Element which can be dynamically populated with the title etc.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Let me know

Brent

Thanks, I’ll look into that for sure.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. Let us know πŸ™‚

Brent

“Elements” was the one item I hadn’t activated yet πŸ™‚
    This is a decent work around and it gives good flexibility as well. Though my “merging” didn’t work like the video example on that link you gave. All content from the blog post got sucked up under the header and the element item I created. So I abandoned that idea.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome πŸ™‚ On the Site Header tab in Header Element there is a Site Header Offset to compensate for that

Brent

Thanks, I tried that, maybe I just didn’t do it enough.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can point us to a page where you’re having the problem then we can take a look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.