[Resolved] Thumbnails in prev/next navigation do not stay within category

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Thumbnails in prev/next navigation do not stay within category

Home Forums Support Thumbnails in prev/next navigation do not stay within category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Callista

Hi Leo, Tom, and all,
    So this code is working great if I don’t want to just navigate within a category. If I turn that on (ie, change row 25 from “false” to “true”: $category_specific = apply_filters( 'generate_category_post_navigation', true );), the navigation titles and links are fine but the thumbnails do not match. They seem to be the next and previous thumbnails of posts in general, and are not staying within the category. I do not know enough php to troubleshoot this myself…
    Thanks so much.
    Have a great day!
    Best,
    Callista

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

instead of using the filter, try editing the function Tom provided, you will find 2 instances of:

$prevPost = get_previous_post();

These should become:
    $prevPost = get_previous_post( true );

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_previous_post

Callista

Yay! That works!! Thanks so much!
    (Please note that the second instance of $prevPost = get_previous_post(true); should actually be $nextPost = get_next_post(true); – see my comment here.)
    Have a great day!
    Best,
    Callista

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help. Yes i thought that was peculiar to have two previous_posts but i didn’t read all the post as to what it was doing lol 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.