[Support request] “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed”.

Home Forums Support [Support request] “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed”.

Home Forums Support “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Karina

Hello
    I upgraded my hosting to a PHP version to 7.4.
    After the upgrade I have been getting the following error when I try to add some pictures in a draft (not all)

“This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed”.

I have the plugin Enable jQuery Migrate Helper but the problem remains. I have also try disabling all plugins except GP premium to test.

My hosting company wrote the following msg:
    The issue might be that the theme or some of the plugins are not compatible with PHP 7.4.

Can you help me?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I have also try disabling all plugins except GP premium to test.

So that didn’t resolve the issue?

If so can you try #4 here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

We haven’t had any other reports on this so I doubt it’s a GP issue. PHP7.4 isn’t new either.

Karina

Hello Leo
    Thanks for looking into my problem.
    I activated the core WordPress theme and the problem remained. So I would think that is not a Generatepress problem.
    Anyway my host company insist that the problem is related to the theme. They wrote me the following msg:

We noticed in the theme section the message below:
    “Broken Themes
    The following themes are installed but incomplete.”
    You need to contact your theme developer about this issue.
    And also we enabled the debug option in WordPress and there is no relevant information about this issue.
    Based on our research, this kind of issue is all related to themes.

Does this make any sense for you?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you resupply the admin user Login and Password in the Private Information Field.

Karina

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so in Dashboard > Tools -> Site Health. and there is a warning that site is NOT using HTTPS.
    Go to Settings > General and update the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) so they are https

Then go to Settings > Permalinks and click save changes this will regenerate any permalinks.

I cannot say if this is the cause of the block error but it needs to be fixed first.

Karina

Thanks! I fix the problem that you mention but I continue getting an error (This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed.) when I try to add one of my pictures https://enviajes.cl/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Chile-Fotos-Antartica.jpg

I only get the error with that image. I have tried many others and it goes well.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If the issue only occurs with that image, then it maybe a database issue.
    Delete that image.
    Then re-upload that image to WordPress > Media with a different filename. ie. It must be different to: Chile-Fotos-Antartica.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.