[Resolved] theme not loading correctly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] theme not loading correctly

Home Forums Support theme not loading correctly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Would you please take a look at this site. I’ve been trying to switch it “back” to GP from kadence. In all my browsers, it looks like it is loading the header and nav bar without any css to the left side of the browser–it’s like that until I move the mouse, at which point it immediately changes to “correct”. Because I can’t stop it, I keep switching it back to the kadence theme…….
    I did post this yesterday, but changed it back to kadence before Ying got to it…
    Thanks Mike Mahaffey

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can see WP Rocket and PerfMatters Unused CSS is enabled on the site.
    Can you disable those ? Clear the browser caches and retest the site ?

If the issue persists, leave those plugins disabled and let me know so i can take a closer look

Mike

I de activated both plugins and the theme loads CORRECTLY. And I definitely appreciate the help..
    Thanks mike mahaffey

Mike

David, my site loads a few mili seconds faster with permatters on and wp rocket deactivated. I don’t remember why I thought I needed permatters, but do you think I even need to be running wp rocket at all??

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So PerfMatters and WP Rocket do a lot of similar things.
    The people i see using both, are generally using WP Rocket for the Page Caching, and then PerfMatters to do the optimizations.
    Considering both plugins have a lot of overlapping features, if both are to be used, then make sure ONLY one of them is doing a specific thing. eg. if PerfMatters is optimizing the CSS, then make sure WP Rocket isn’t.

But if you’re getting better scores with a plugin, then maybe its a good time to ditch it.

Note on page caching. If you’re server has it built in, then you may want to use that instead 🙂

Mike

Thanks David, I appreciate your help, and input
    Mike Mahaffey

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.