[Resolved] Theme Customizer is blank (always loading)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Theme Customizer is blank (always loading)

Home Forums Support Theme Customizer is blank (always loading)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chandra

So this is a problem I tried to fix for a while and stumped me. πŸ™

Whenever I tried to access Theme Customizer it will showed up blank, just loading. Now the strange thing is this is happening before when I’m using a netbook but usually on my notebook I can use it normally. Now I cannot use it even in my notebook. Then I disabled all plugin and still not fixed, except I change the theme to default (I tried Twenty Fifteen).

Another note: I’m not using shared hosting (cPanel) but a 512MB RAM VPS with OpenLiteSpeed 1.3.12+PHP 5.6.11+MariaDB 5.5.45.

While there is nothing I need to change in the customizer currently but it will help if it can be fixed. It’s a pretty solid theme. πŸ™‚

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So you’ve deactivated all plugins and emptied any cache you may have and it still won’t load?

Can you try the other options on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Chandra

Only this message printed:

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50173 Library:50312 in /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1452

And now it getting worse, the problem now occured to default theme (Twenty Fifteen) too. Any ideas? Maybe I should reinstall all.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’ll need to contact your host.

You either need to downgrade your PHP version to 5.5 or update your MySQL client libraries to the 5.6.x family.

Hopefully they’ll be able to upgrade you MySQL instead of downgrade PHP.

Chandra

Ah yes, I know what should I do to fix that MySQL error.

Now back to the problem: Live Preview is blank, sidebar just be there without showing any options. What I did to finally solve this: Backup all posts and contents, reinstall all from scratch, then restore the backup. Done.

I still don’t understand why is this happening, but it’s fixed. Haha.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very weird.

Usually a blank customizer is either a javascript error in a plugin, low PHP memory limits.

Let me know if it happens again πŸ™‚

Chandra

Hi Tom, I fixed it after it occured again. πŸ™‚ I want to share for everyone that using OpenLiteSpeed on their VPS: Don’t forget to install PHP5 GD package.

If your use CentOS: yum install lsphp56-gd and restart OpenLiteSpeed. Done! πŸ™‚

The fix is coincidence because I have another problem with WordPress: All images is full size, no large/small size or thumbnail. Even when forcing to regenerate thumbnails using plugin. The cause and the fix is the same. It can be applied on Apache too.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very interesting – thanks for posting the fix! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.