[Support request] Text shift on mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Text shift on mobile

Home Forums Support Text shift on mobile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott

Hi

I’m experiencing an issue with the first paragraph of text shifting at the end of the page load on mobile. Text visibly moves upwards about 1cm at the very end of the load. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Scott

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Your site needs optimization.

Reducing the number of request(Your site has 60, that’s a lot.) should make some improvements.

For this, We generally recommend Autoptimize:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/

And we provide this article for its configuration:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

Scott

Hi Elvin

Thanks for the reply.

Noted on your recommendation of Autoptimize. How does this compare with WP Rocket? Would you use both at the same time?

Regarding my initial question on content shift. Do you know what is causing this issue and how I can fix it?

Thanks
    Scott

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Noted on your recommendation of Autoptimize. How does this compare with WP Rocket? Would you use both at the same time?

Using both simultaneously may cause issues. Pick one and play around with it. 🙂

Regarding my initial question on content shift. Do you know what is causing this issue and how I can fix it?

These layout shifts are usually due to the site taking too much time to load scripts and styles that control/style your markup. Which is usually addressed by optimization and/or getting a faster web server.

Try running your site on GTMetrix, Google PageSpeed Insight or WebPageTest.org to get an idea of what to optimize or improve on. 🙂

Scott

Hi Elvin

I’ve been running WP-Rocket for a while now and have almost all options enabled.

Here’s the GTMetrix results:
    GTmetrix Grade: A
    Total Page Requests: 34

And Page Speed Insights:
    Desktop: 94
    Mobile: 68

The shift of the paragraph seems to be a fairly specific issue. Are you able to replicate it? Do you have any other ideas on what could be causing this? Happy to provide login details if required.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

The shift of the paragraph seems to be a fairly specific issue. Are you able to replicate it? Do you have any other ideas on what could be causing this? Happy to provide login details if required.

This is mostly related to response time and non-optimized css/js.

Plus you have script errors as shown here: /* redacted for privacy */

Tip: You may want to check for unused plugins and remove it so it doesn’t add up to the bulk of what your site loads.

Try loading the site w/ all plugins disabled. And then try enabling them one by one to check which ones causes any layout shift or site slow downs.

I understand that this may be tedious, but it is necessary for site performance improvements.

Scott

Hi Elvin

Regarding non-optimized css/js, I have all of the File Optimization settings enabled in WP-Rocket so was hoping this would take care of anything major. These are not coming up as issues on GTMetrix.

Thanks for sharing the errors. Unfortunately I’m not a developer so that doesn’t mean much to me. It looks like one of them relates to Generatepress?

Regardless, could you please delete that link as it includes my site details.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing the errors. Unfortunately I’m not a developer so that doesn’t mean much to me. It looks like one of them relates to Generatepress?

The GeneratePress woff error 404 can be addressed by using the SVG option:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/svg-icons/

But for the other errors(Q2w3 fixed widget & Qubely), these are caused by third party plugins.

Regarding non-optimized css/js, I have all of the File Optimization settings enabled in WP-Rocket so was hoping this would take care of anything major. These are not coming up as issues on GTMetrix.

Proper optimization includes reduction of number requests. This is addressed by optimization plugins by minifying the files, combining them into a merged file (hence fewer request) and serving it cached.

Looking at your page results, WP rocket doesn’t seem to be doing it.

That said, you may have to contact WP rocket’s support or refer to their documentation on how to do this properly.

Alternatively, you can use autoptimize and follow our documentation about setting it up.

Regardless, could you please delete that link as it includes my site details.

Copy that. Redacted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.