[Resolved] Template update for new Woo Commerce 3.6.1

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Template update for new Woo Commerce 3.6.1

Home Forums Support Template update for new Woo Commerce 3.6.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Henry Bowman

We just did an update on Woo Commerce and have this message:

“Your theme (GeneratePress Child) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
    If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.”

generatepress_child/woocommerce/emails/customer-processing-order.php version 3.5.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.5.4

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The default GP child theme does not have a WooCommerce folder.

Did you add that in? If so you will need to do what was suggested:
    “If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.”

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Henry Bowman

So we looked and our generate press child theme does have a woocommerce folder. Inside is a folder called “emails” and inside that is one PHP file called “customer-processing-order.php”

We did not put this here that I’m aware of. Where would we copy this new version of a template from? what does a “template” consists of? and where would we put it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The parent template should be found in the Plugins/Woocommerce/Email/Templates folder.
    You can also see ( and download ) the template file here:

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/blob/master/templates/emails/customer-processing-order.php

Before replacing the child theme template with the above. You need to figure out why you have one in your child theme. It would of been manually added and for a reason, such as changing the message of your order confirmation emails. I would advise opening that template file in a code or text editor to see what changes were made… changes should have been commented ( hopefully ).

Henry Bowman

yes it was a change we made to the outgoing message email. We just added some more words to the default message. We have done some tests and everything is still functioning as it should. It was done so long ago however, I’m having a hard time remembering what exactly it was that we did…lol

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Easily done and forgotten about ๐Ÿ™‚
    Glad to hear its working – let us know if we can help with anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.