[Resolved] Template override not working.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Template override not working.

Home Forums Support Template override not working.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Romain

Hello,

I have custom fields that I needed to display at the bottom of a form, to do that I needed to override template files. So I did it and it worked perfectly fine until I updated generatepress ( I use a child theme). Memberpress told me it must come from my child theme, what do I need to do?

Thank you for your help,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

did you make those changes to copies of the templates in your child theme ?

If so what were the templates you changed ?

Romain

Hi,

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you are asking. I’m not really technical. I changed memberpress checkout form (form.php). Yes, I put it in my child theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is your child theme still Activated ?

Romain

Yes

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme update wouldn’t have affected this.

Is form.php the correct filename? And is it added to the root of your child theme folder?

As David mentioned, it’s good to double-check that the child theme is still definitely activated – sometimes after an update it’s easy to click the “Activate” link which activates the parent theme.

Romain

Hello,

Yes the child theme is activated and form.php is the correct file name. It worked before, so I don’t know what might cause the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Another silly question – can you confirm the form.php template is still present in the Child Theme folder.

Romain

Yes, it is.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you ask Memberpress for more information? How exactly could a theme prevent this template file from working? I’m afraid this is a tough one to debug without more information, unfortunately. Is there something that’s required on the themes part in order for this template to work?

Romain

This is what they wrote to me:

“There might be two main reasons why that happens:

1. This is some caching issue so you’ll need to follow this article: https://docs.memberpress.com/article/298-how-to-set-up-popular-caching-plugins-with-memberpress#sgo to properly configure SG Optimizer plugin as it may cause some issues.

2. Your child theme is broken for some reason and it doesn’t take any changes from template file. In that case, ask your theme author for troubleshooting this.”

So I did what they recommended for the caching issue, but it didn’t solve the problem.

Romain

Hi,

It works now, I didn’t change anything. So I don’t know what caused the issue.

Thank you for your help,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working again 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.