[Resolved] Template Builder for Header and Footer not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Template Builder for Header and Footer not working

Home Forums Support Template Builder for Header and Footer not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Kathy

Hi! I have a site that is a couple of months old. I have never been able to use the header or footer template features. Any idea why? When I go to edit the page in Elementor no builder comes up. I can’t add a section. There is literally nothing until I switch my theme to 2019. Then it is fine.

It’s a small site and I went through each page and built their own headers and footers but I really want to use a template so they are uniform, especially now that the client wants to go in and make changes. I only want her to have to change things in one place. Help?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

just to confirm – that site is a single page site, can you edit any part of the site with Elementor?

Kathy

I can use other parts of Elementor. I just can’t use the template section.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think it maybe because you’re using the Elementor Canvas template – what happens if you switch to Elementor Full Width or Default template?

Kathy

I had switched back and forth between templates in an attempt to get something to work. If I switch it back to the default template it doesn’t make a difference. I still can’t get the section or template buttons to come up on the header or footer template.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could you send us a link to a screenshot of the editor – just so i can be certain what part we’re talking about?

Kathy

Here is a link to the image, uploaded to our website. Please ignore the header and footer. Thanks!

https://fishergreencreative.com/fgc825/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So is this happening when you select Edit with Elementor from the Admin Bar?
    Does it work if you edit from the Dashboard > Templates?

Kathy

I’m not sure what you mean when you say “select Edit with Elementor from the Admin Bar”. I have always had to go to dashboard > templates > theme builder. I don’t know how else to access header and footer templates.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you quickly test this with a default WP twenty series theme?

Does the issue still occur?

Have you checked with Elementor’s support?

Let me know 🙂

Kathy

I haven’t checked with Elementor’s support because deactivating their plugins (and all others) didn’t help. When I changed themes (tested it with 2019) the issue stopped. I’m pretty sure it’s the theme.

Thanks, Leo!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just run up a test site with the latest versions of GP Premium and Elementor. And no issues creating or editing a Header Template.

Couple of things to check in Dashboard > Tools > Site Health -> Info Tab –> Server.
    What is the PHP version and PHP memory limit?
    Worth just checking these are high enough.

Next – do you have any custom functions in a child theme or any Hook elements?

Kathy

PHP Version is 7.1.3.

Memory limit is 768M.

I have a hook set up to integrate Google Analytics but I do that on most of my sites.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So server settings look more then adequate.
    Can you try disabling the hook element – if you Quick Edit it then you can save it as Draft.
    If it still fails can you disable all the Appearance > GeneratePress Modules and try again ( don’t worry all settings are saved )

Kathy

I disabled it and it still didn’t work. It was the only module I had activated.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.