[Support request] Tagline to Right of Logo

Home Forums Support [Support request] Tagline to Right of Logo

Home Forums Support Tagline to Right of Logo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi guys,

I’ve read the forum posts/docs that seem relevant, but haven’t found one that addresses this specific issue.

How can I add a tagline to the right of our logo? Our site title is hidden since it’s the same as our logo.

A post by Tom suggested the best approach is to create a new image with the logo and tagline where you want them. I did that, but it made the logo image too small (see home page in link below).

The solution, I guess, is either to enlarge the area for the logo so it will expand or to create the tagline separately and place it to the right of the logo, as in the current header. I suspect the latter will be trickier since the tagline is lined up with the middle bar of the final letter E.

There seems to be a CSS solution either way. If the “enlarge logo area” is a better idea, could you please provide the CSS I’d need … and also remind me of exactly where I place it. Ditto if the separate tagline is easier.

Thanks as always for your help,

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in GP 2.3 which is currently in beta testing mode you can inline the site branding as an option.
    If you want add the tagline in the Customizer and remove it from the logo, set its font size you like and i can have a look at the CSS you need.

Linda

Good news about coming feature!

Is it possible, instead, to just increase the width of the logo placeholder in the header?

We’ve got the tagline lined up with the logo as we’d like it in the draft site now. I’m not sure it’ll be easy for me to get the font size and positioning correct if we separate out the tagline.

OR are you saying the separate tagline will work better for responsiveness? If so, the original logo was 350 wide; the font size in your default tagline in Customizer is a little too large, needs to be bold and italicized. I can republish draft with that logo if we go this way so you can see its relative size.

Does that help? If not, I’ll do more figuring at this end.

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Why not upload a large logo? you can resize the logo in Customizer > Site Identity as well

Linda

Good grief, David. It was in my head that the logo had to fit in the default width given when you upload it. I hadn’t even noticed the Customizer option to make the blasted thing whatever size I wanted. DUH.

My explanation (though not an excuse) is that we couldn’t use the customizer on our former site so I’m not as familiar with it as I should be. I am so sorry for taking up your time unnecessarily.

It’s now adjusted, thanks to your kindly provided redirection.

Blushingly yours,

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.