[Resolved] Sync sidebar widget content to another sidebar widget

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sync sidebar widget content to another sidebar widget

Home Forums Support Sync sidebar widget content to another sidebar widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marc Witschi

on my home-page I have a text widget in my sidebar.
    https://ibb.co/dfgpNLv

on two subpages I have another text widget in which I would like to sync the content of the widget of the home-page so I don’t have to do changes on two sites.

I hope you can understand what I would like to do.
    Thanks in advance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using a plugin to dynamically display widgets?

Marc Witschi

I use a plugin to replace the default Sidebar on each site. Then I set the widgets manually on each sidebar.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

By default, the one widget should display everywhere (and sync everywhere when changed).

Perhaps the plugin you’re using is changing that? If it is, maybe it has an option to keep things synced if needed?

Marc Witschi

Because we need different widgets in the sidebar on every single page I had to install a plugin to exchange the default sidebar…
    unfortunately there is no option to sync the one widget to the needed pages.

Is there any possibility to sync widgets with coding?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which sidebar plugin are you using? I assume its creating new sidebar areas that you conditionally display.
    There are other plugins such as Conditional Widgets and Dynamic Widgets that allow you to set the conditions at the widget level, so one sidebar for all areas that display dynamic content.

The alternative would be to create a shortcode to output your content. Let me know.

Marc Witschi

David, you’re awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚ I now use Conditional Widget and everything works fine.

Thank you very much!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Great to hear and glad we could be of help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.