[Resolved] Switching to sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Switching to sections

Home Forums Support Switching to sections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charlotte

Hi, I am rebuilding my site after changing the theme to GP. When I go into the site’s pages they show as the classic WP editor but smaller than usual. If I switch to sections all the existing content disappears and it looks like I need to start from scratch. This is fine, I am happy to do this, but my questions are:

What happens to the existing content? Is it best to delete it incase it shows up accidentally or anything?
    Is it best for SEO to create columns with sections or use a sidebar (some of my important content is in the sidebar)
    Why is the classic editor small?

Thanks

Charlotte

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you show us a screenshot of your editor? It shouldn’t be small. Maybe you have a plugin causing a conflict? You can test that by disabling your plugins one by one until the issue maybe goes away.

As for SEO, it depends. For building columns in your content, I definitely suggest using the new block editor.

Charlotte

Thanks.

I want the homepage to appear like a content + sidebar. Is it possible to use sidebars and sections?

Whether I build this as two different width columns or just as a content+sidebar layout I don’t mind, but can’t seem to do either at the moment.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it requires a little PHP snippet to be added to enable sidebars with sections:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/allow-sidebars-sections/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.