[Support request] Switching to New Header Element and Lost Padding Under Menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] Switching to New Header Element and Lost Padding Under Menu

Home Forums Support Switching to New Header Element and Lost Padding Under Menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

I’m trying to switch over completely to the new header elements from page headers. I’m having a problem with a header style I use. I’ve attached website url. You can see how at the top above the logo and menu there is padding. With the old header there was an equal amount of padding under the menu and logo so that the menu and logo were positioned in the middle of blue area if that makes sense. Now there’s no blue space under the menu and logo and I can’t figure out how to insert it. I have added 20px padding top and bottom, but nothing seems to be applied to the bottom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try adding your header/menu height (71px) in the “Offset header height” option.

Any particular reason you’re using a Page Hero for this layout? It looks like something you could achieve without it?

Samuel

Thank you that worked. The site was built a while ago and I’m trying to convert over to the new way. I haven’t thought about if there’s another way to do it. I use a few different page header styles and when I first switched to Generate Press this seemed to be the easiest way to do it. Not every small page header like this is the same background color. However, I could probably take another approach and change the color per page if I set down and thought about it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.