- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by David.
October 2, 2019 at 12:47 pm #1024615Ashley
I just switched from Divi to GeneratePress. I built the site on a staging site provided by my host, Siteground.
The problem is, there’s tons of problems with my links.
Some don’t work at all. You can see in this post. https://www.ashleyabroad.com/2018/03/21/what-to-wear-to-oktoberfest/
Also, some of the links open as ConvertKit, which is my email marketing service. You can see here if you try to click ManRepeller – https://www.ashleyabroad.com/2017/11/30/travel-accessory-anti-haul/
Thirdly, none of them open in a new tab, which is a problem. With Divi all links opened in a new tab.
Do you have any advice? Have you seen problems with links in this way before?
Should I restore my old site and redo the migration? Please help.October 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm #1024632LeoStaffCustomer Support
– The GP social share plugin (not developed by us) is covering up the links as you scroll down the page which is why they don’t work:
– Not quite sure if I understand. I don’t see a link “ManRepeller” in the linked page?
– The links themselves don’t have the correct markup to open in new tabs:
It needs to have
target="_blank"in the HTML:
I’m not sure why those links would open in a new tab in Divi but GP doesn’t/can’t change your existing HTML markup/content at all – those things are handled by WordPress itself. If you switch to a twenty series WordPress theme, those links won’t open in a new tab either.
Let me know 🙂October 2, 2019 at 2:48 pm #1024714Ashley
Thanks for your help. I uninstalled the GP social share plugin which fixed the link problem.
One other thing – the Generate Press author box is showing up as blank, as you can see here – https://www.ashleyabroad.com/2018/03/21/what-to-wear-to-oktoberfest/
How do I fix this?October 2, 2019 at 3:32 pm #1024726DavidStaffCustomer Support
the Liberte Site uses the Hook Element:
Go to Appearance > Elements.
First thing to do is to remove the Hook for the Social Share icons – as the shortcode provided by that plugin is still being output.
Then look for the Author Box Element, edit this and tell me if the Execute PHP is enabled or if there is an error or warning being displayedOctober 3, 2019 at 10:55 am #1025545Ashley
Thanks for getting back to me. The Author Box Element said this: Unable to execute PHP as DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT is defined.
What should I do?October 3, 2019 at 10:56 am #1025549Ashley
Also, there are social icons underneath the post, underneath the related articles. How do I get rid of those? You can see if you scroll down: https://www.ashleyabroad.com/2018/03/21/what-to-wear-to-oktoberfest/October 3, 2019 at 11:18 am #1025577DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. Ok so your server is set to disallow file editing. You can add the PHP snippet here to allow it work in just the Hooks:
2. In Apparance > GP Social Settings – go to the settings tab and check the Disable Hook option.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.