[Support request] switch website theme to GP

Home Forums Support [Support request] switch website theme to GP

Home Forums Support switch website theme to GP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

I created my first website using the Make theme using its proprietary page builder. I would like to use my web host’s staging feature to switch themes to GP/Pro (which I am happily using on another site).

Any advice for making the conversion as painless as possible? I’m thinking I would install GP/Pro onto the staging site and set up a couple of dummy pages that more-or-less matched the layout of the original, then export just the Pages and Media from the original site onto the staging site.

I’m not familiar with Elementor; would installing that plug-in at some point help the process?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes, creating a staging site and switching over the theme is the best way to go.
    I am not sure how the Make builder works, or what will happen to the pages created with it. A lot of the older builders use Shortcodes so the content may remain but be littered with Shortcodes.

We have quite a large user base that uses Elementor, its a good direction to take if you’re not familiar with a little HTML / CSS. Personally i would do the above and get familiar with GP and what can be done with it and then decide on whether you need to add a pagebuilder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.