Black Friday Sale! Get up to $30 off GP Premium! Learn more ➝

[Resolved] Swedish characters unreadable after wordpress update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Swedish characters unreadable after wordpress update

Home Forums Support Swedish characters unreadable after wordpress update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jamal

Hi

I have realised my site title becomes unreadable after every wordpress update and i have to correct site title again from customizer.

Is there any way to correct this permanently? Thanks

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Wow, never experienced this one before.

The site title field in the Customizer is actually a core WordPress control – I wonder if there’s something going on in your installation, or if it’s a core WP bug when handling your language.

Have you asked around on the WordPress.org forum to see if anyone else has experienced something similar?

Jamal

I did some google searches and seems like its a wordpress thing. Something in wp-config.php specifically define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ”); define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”); .

Its much easier for me right now to change it in customizer than go in those files and maybe cause more damage. Will ask around and update here if i find a good solution that i understand.

Thanks !

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – adding those lines into the wp-config.php file shouldn’t be a big deal – just make sure to change the curly quotes to straight quotes 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.