[Resolved] Support on meta display and change load-more in blog-page and achived-page.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Support on meta display and change load-more in blog-page and achived-page.

Home Forums Support Support on meta display and change load-more in blog-page and achived-page.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

I need your help on 2 issues:

1/ Last post, you gave me PHP code can change position of footer-meta (categories) above title. It’s worked. However, the summary of post is above the title too.

add_action( 'wp', function() {
        if ( ! is_singular() ) {
            remove_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'generate_footer_meta' );
            add_action( 'generate_before_content', 'generate_footer_meta', 15 );
        }
    } );

Now I want to display summary below the title (in current HTML-markup it’s the same level of “entry-header”). Now, I wanna reorder its position inside the HTML-markup below:

<header class="entry-header"></header>
            <h2 class="entry-title" itemprop="headline"></h2>
            <div class="entry-summary" itemprop="text">     -------->(I want it'll be put here)
            <div class="entry-meta"></div>

+And I can add some customised contents next to summary like(button, readmore, icon read or customised text…). Could you support me with PHP code?

2/I can set “load more” posts like paginations in achived-page and blog-page? ( Articles: 1 2 3 4…1200 ) .

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. I’m not too sure what you mean here. Are you trying to move the post meta inside the entry-summary element?

2. This isn’t possible at the moment, unfortunately.

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

I try to summary my idea again. I hope you can help.

1/I want “entry-summary” is between “entry title” and “entry-meta”. It means that summary displays below post title and above entry-meta. Now, the post summary is above title. You can take a look on my updated link.

+And I can add some customised contents next to summary like (button, readmore, icon read or customised text…).

Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What if you do this?:

.entry-summary {
        order: 3;
    }

Are you wanting to replace the current read more link? If you want to turn it into a button, you can do that in Customize > Layout > Blog.

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

I used flex for inside-article so I’m clear about that and already did that. However, the summary is at the bottom instead of entry-meta. Both entry-header & entry-summary are the same level. Entry-title & entry-meta are child inside entry-header. Now, the order of entry header is 2, so that bothe entry-title & entry-meta are above entry-summary.

Current html markup:

<div class="entry-summary" itemprop="text">

That why I reckon it should be here. Entry-summary will be a child inside entry-header. Maybe, you will have another better solution for this case.

<div class="entry-summary" itemprop="text">     -------->(I want it'll be put here)
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you want the author, date, time to read below the entry summary?

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

It’s definitely, Tom.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try this:

remove_action( 'generate_after_entry_title', 'generate_post_meta' );
    add_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'generate_post_meta' );

That will move the HTML. You may need to adjust the “order” CSS values as well.

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

The code worked perfectly.

Thanks Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.