[Support request] Support for WP Show Posts?

Home Forums Support Support for WP Show Posts?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Denis

Hi Tom,
    I’m using GeneratePress Premium with WP Show Posts. I am encountering an issue with the WP Show Posts plugin and posted about this issue in the WordPress plugin support forum. It’s been around one week without response now. Are you providing support for the plugin? Its functionality is quite important for my website.
    Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We don’t have the resources to provide free support for our other plugins at the moment.

However, I’d be happy to help here. What’s the issue you’re having?

Denis

I run a website on GeneratePress Premium and using WP Show Posts to display related posts at the bottom of some articles.
    I noticed that some pages weren’t loading and would throw 500 errors instead. I deactivated all plugins and by activating them one by one determined that the issue was because of WP Show Posts plugin, and the pages that aren’t loading are the ones that have a shortcode.
    Nothing recent in the error_log.
    What can the issue be? I would like to continue using WP Show Posts…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, we haven’t had any other reports of 500 errors from WPSP.

The error_log shouldn’t be empty if 500 errors are happening. I would check with your hosting to see if errors are being printed somewhere else.

Denis

I can confirm that the error log does not contain anything related to this issue. However, what I did was enable the debug mode in WordPress. I then reactivated WP Show Posts and visited one of the pages that had a WP Show Posts shortcode in the article body. This page resulted in a 500 error (note that other pages, without shortcodes in the body, loaded fine).

Here are the contents of the debug.log:

[26-Mar-2020 18:41:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 135168 bytes) in /home2/…/wp-includes/class.wp-styles.php on line 314
    [26-Mar-2020 18:41:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 69632 bytes) in /home2/…/wp-content/plugins/smart-slider-3/nextend/wordpress/assetInjector.php on line 137
    [26-Mar-2020 18:41:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 36864 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I see no reference to WP Show Posts here, but to another plugin. However, when I deactivate WP Show Posts, there are no errors at all. I’m a bit confused… Any suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That looks like your server is running out of PHP memory. Try increasing it: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

Let me know 🙂

Denis

I increased the memory limit to 152M.
    Now the page loads (albeit slowly) but the layout is all broken. When I deactivate WP Show Posts, it all returns to normal.
    Can I give you wp-admin access so you can have a look?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Admin access likely won’t help at this point.

What about the layout is broken? Can you show me?

It sounds like your server/hosting is having some issues, you’ll likely need them to resolve those (if not now, later when you install another plugin etc..).

Denis

Layout with WP Show Posts deactivated:

View post on imgur.com

Layout with WP Show Posts activated:

View post on imgur.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Almost looks like the wp_die() function is in use. Can you re-install WPSP?

Denis

Deleted the plugin via FTP then reinstalled from the wp-admin area. No effect 🙁

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What if you deactivate your other plugins?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.