[Support request] Sumo Email Opt-In Forms on Mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sumo Email Opt-In Forms on Mobile

Home Forums Support Sumo Email Opt-In Forms on Mobile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sarah

Hello,

I’ve added Sumo Email Opt-In Forms to my site running GeneratePress and GP Premium. The email forms are supposed to display 50% of the way down the main content of all posts/pages except the homepage.

On desktop, the forms work as intended. On mobile, however, the forms are displaying at the top of the post/page above the title and main content.

Sample post: https://greenandketo.com/the-best-keto-low-carb-cheesecake

After troubleshooting with Sumo support, their suspicion is that the Custom HTML container is placed on top of the page when in Mobile.

They say, “I believe your theme is moving the Custom HTML container up that contains your Inline Form. Your Sumo Inline Form is an embedded form, meaning it will display wherever the container (it is embedded on) is positioned on the page.”

So my question: Is that the case with the GeneratePress theme, and can I do anything about that?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    greenandketo.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP wouldn’t effect the placement of the form within the content, it doesn’t even know it exists.
    Looks like the plugin uses Javascript to place the form, so its down to its code.
    Possible issues outside of a problem with the plugin / plugin setup:

1. Caching – suggest clearing and disabling any server / plugin caches.
    2. Conflict with another plugin or any custom functions that uses Javascript – can be tested by disabling.

With all these tests you would need to clear browser caches or check in private / incognito browser.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.