[Resolved] Suggestions on best practice when changing site using site library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Suggestions on best practice when changing site using site library

Home Forums Support Suggestions on best practice when changing site using site library

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christi

Hi, I have an existing site with content and it’s fully built out. We would like to import the Pivot site and use it. We applied the Pivot site without demo content but want to gather all of the layout elements. Would the best way be to use my staging site on SiteGround, import demo content and then take the existing content and use the native WP/Export/Import to apply it?

I’ve been reading through the forum and wanted to make sure I did this properly so I don’t have any hiccups.

Thanks in advance! C.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just making sure, you are wanting to use Beaver Builder pro for the content?

If the header elements/page heros are the only things you are after, then it might be easier to just recreate it as they can be done quite easily.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Christi

Hi Leo, yes I use BB pro. What steps do you suggest?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Site library templates are best used in a clean install.

I would recommend starting a staging site as you mentioned, duplicate your existing sites and content over, import the site including demo content then configure everything in the staging site.

After that, you can just duplicate the staging site back to the live environment.

Christi

Thanks so much!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.