[Resolved] Suggestion: Lightweight Social Icons spacing adjustment

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Suggestion: Lightweight Social Icons spacing adjustment

Home Forums Support Suggestion: Lightweight Social Icons spacing adjustment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dean

Hi Tom,

I know you’re working hard on the GP 1.7 release — looks very exciting!

Just something of a future suggestion (perhaps) for the Lightweight Social Icons.

I know in the widget we can change colors, plus adjust the size and border radius.

Would LOVE to see a setting here to adjust the spacing (margin) between the icons.

I have solved this using CSS as in this post response:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/social-icons-and-copyright-on-bottom-of-left-sidebar/#post-372151

… but even just if adjusting horizontal spacing using the left-margin property, would be great if this was in the widget in the future, if possible!

Best wishes,

Dean

(Aside / off-topic — have just soft-launched the URL you can see as Admin, combination of GP/GPP and Elementor Pro — moving to better server before public launch later this month! And working on performance tweaks. Love working with GPP. I started developing websites using plain text editors like BBEdit and others about 15 years before WordPress existed, then moved to WP at v1.5, then for a framework to Genesis and also Divi … until lucky enough to discover GPP!).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the suggestion! LSI needs a big update. I want to use SVG icons instead of a font. I’ll definitely try to work this into the update when I get around to it.

Very nice site! Really glad you’re enjoying GPP ๐Ÿ™‚

Dean

Thanks Tom!

SVG sounds great — as well as the spacing setting. I know LSI isn’t as important as GPP, but yes, would be great to see this in future.

Yes, really want to explore GPP more, it was really just barely touched for my first two main projects!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback ๐Ÿ™‚ Really appreciate it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.