[Resolved] Suggestion – Global Locations for screen size options

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Suggestion – Global Locations for screen size options

Home Forums Support Suggestion – Global Locations for screen size options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ian Lucas

Hello, I’ve been using GP for a while now, and it’s working great, Im just having a little issue: every time I create a new page or post (including CPTs) I have to set the screen options individually for each post. Sometimes in my development, certain CPTs I create require to be on full width w/o sidebar, and maybe pages or normal posts dont, this doesnt affect me since I’m a developer, but when I handle the instructions to my clients, I need to be extra specific about them setting these screen options every time they create a new post.

Given this issue, I think it would be great if we could see in the future some kind of “Global Location Settings” for Screen Options in each post type available, just like Elements Locations.

I was also thinking if there was a way to add this functionality, maybe from functions.php as a temporary fix so I don’t have to instruct my clients in this repetitive task.

Thanks!

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you checked out the Layout Elements in our Elements module?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

It allows you to set those layout options and then apply them to specific CPTs.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian Lucas

Aaalright Tom, thanks for the feedback.

Never saw that!

I will start using it ASAP.

Thanks again.

Ian Lucas

Closing this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! It’s new in 1.7 ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you like it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.