[Resolved] Subresource Integrity (SRI) – Google Fonts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Subresource Integrity (SRI) – Google Fonts

Home Forums Support Subresource Integrity (SRI) – Google Fonts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrik

Hi,
    hope everyone are good!
    Im a bit frustrated here, when running a scan test on my website i get this message (translated from swedish)

Subresource Integrity (SRI) not implemented, and external soruces where loaded over HTTP or protocolrelated URLS via src=”//…”

Following 3:rd party source where loaded without SRI:
    //fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans%3A600%7COpen+Sans%3A600%7COpen+Sans%3A400

When running inspect page in broswer and searching im getting this:
    <link rel=”stylesheet” id=”SP_EAP-google-web-fonts-sp_eap_shortcode_options-css” href=”//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans%3A600%7COpen+Sans%3A600%7COpen+Sans%3A400″ type=”text/css” media=”all”>

Status-Check on site:
    HTTPS Standard

Certificate: valid and trusted
      The connection to this site is using a valid, trusted server certificate issued by Let’s Encrypt Authority X3.

Connection: secure connection settings
      The connection to this site is encrypted and authenticated using TLS 1.2, ECDHE_RSA with X25519, and AES_128_GCM.

Resources: all served securely
      All resources on this page are served securely.

HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)
    Pass/No issue – max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains

Hoping you could help me with this,
    Patrik

Longinos

Hi
    I´m not a Generatepress team member.
    This can´t be solved cause google fonts returns personalized css related to the UA.
    You can read about the issue here: https://github.com/google/fonts/issues/473.
    A workaround is to put fonts locally and then generate the SRI, but you lose these customized css.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Longinos for responding.
    Out of interest which ‘Scan test’ were you performing?

Patrik

Many thanks Longinos,
    Dont know why but im a bit “scared” or how to say it about my test displaying “3rd party” cookies.
    Dont know why, seems bad?

David – Im performing this test on a swedish based website:
    https://webbkoll.dataskydd.net

If you but website address you can run a test.
    You will still get the “services” in english and the main result for each component in english
    So you will be able to relate 🙂

Longinos

Hi Patrik
    If you use 3rd party resources, maybe you have 3rd party cookies, Google Analitics for example, to say a popular 3rd. party service.

Patrik

Hi,
    i really dont have that and only the fonts link.
    After reading i cant find that fonts.googleapis.com is within regulations of GDPR (i live in europe)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The link for that font doesn’t look like a GP request as i don’t recognise the ID – did you identify what was requesting the font?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.