[Resolved] Submenu toggle setup on small devices

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Submenu toggle setup on small devices

Home Forums Support Submenu toggle setup on small devices

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zuzana

Hello!

On this website: https://claimscollection.eu/ I am trying to do the following with the main menu:

I would need that on the small devices after clicking on the menu item which has a submenu, the user is not linked to the actual page but the submenu is opening instead as a toggle. The website has 3 items with submenus on the Slovak language version and 3 items with submenus on the English version.

I was trying to do the following but it does not seem to work:

if (window.matchMedia("(max-width: 1050px)").matches) {
      document.querySelector('#menu-item-278 a').addEventListener("click", function(event) {
             document.querySelector(".menu-item-278 .sub-menu").classList.toggle("toggled-on");
             event.preventDefault();
    }, false);

document.querySelector('#menu-item-289 a').addEventListener("click", function(event) {
             document.querySelector(".menu-item-289 .sub-menu").classList.toggle("toggled-on");
             event.preventDefault();
    }, false);

document.querySelector('#menu-item-856 a').addEventListener("click", function(event) {
             document.querySelector(".menu-item-856 .sub-menu").classList.toggle("toggled-on");
             event.preventDefault();
    }, false);

document.querySelector('#menu-item-852 a').addEventListener("click", function(event) {
             document.querySelector(".menu-item-852 .sub-menu").classList.toggle("toggled-on");
             event.preventDefault();
    }, false);

document.querySelector('#menu-item-819 a').addEventListener("click", function(event) {
             document.querySelector(".menu-item-819 .sub-menu").classList.toggle("toggled-on");
             event.preventDefault();
    }, false);

document.querySelector('#menu-item-848 a').addEventListener("click", function(event) {
             document.querySelector(".menu-item-848 .sub-menu").classList.toggle("toggled-on");
             event.preventDefault();
    }, false);

} else {

}

Do you have some idea on how to solve this issue, please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can do this by giving the parent menu item a URL of #.

Do you need the parent items to have a real URL on desktop?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Zuzana

Hello,

thank you for your answer. πŸ™‚ Yes, unfortunately, I would need a real URL on the desktop.

Zuzana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case, you’ll want to create a menu for mobile only: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-a-different-menu-on-mobile/

Then you’ll be able to add the parent menu items as Custom Links, and set their URLs as #.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Zuzana

This solution worked! Thank you very much for your help and have a great day! πŸ™‚

Zuzana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Thanks, you too πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.