[Support request] Styling of the search field

Home Forums Support [Support request] Styling of the search field

Home Forums Support Styling of the search field

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Søren

I’ve searched but cannot find help on these issues I have with the search field in the header on my
    site.

When you click the search icon can the cursor be active from the start?

How do I make the search field non transperant?

Because I have changed the search from the standard WP to YITH when clicking Search button or enter it takes a long time and shows nothing:

https://www.landhave.dk/?post_type=product&s=isolering

Probably nothing to do with GP but do you have a clue why YITH wont show any results? I guess it has something to do with replacing the standard search.

Lastly the z-index of the results conflicts with the product labels – can I give the results a higher index?

iphone

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Søren,

For the z-index issue, try add this:

.wapl-diagonal-bar .product-label {
        z-index: 2;
    }

For other questions, we can’t really help with a 3rd party plugin’s function.

Probably nothing to do with GP but do you have a clue why YITH wont show any results?

Seems only if you enter 3 or more letters, otherwise the search function won’t be activated. I ‘m guessing it’s avoiding showing too many results. It’s better to reach to the plugin support for the answer.

Søren

Thanks how about the two first issues, they shouldn’t have anything to do with 3rd party.

It seems strange that you have to click twice to be able to search – is it possible to have the cursor active when clicking the search icon?

How about the transparancy of the field – can it be non transparant?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It seems strange that you have to click twice to be able to search

That’s not the default behavior of GP navigation search, so I don’t think it’s a GP issue.

How about the transparancy of the field – can it be non transparant?

You should be able to change the color at customizer > colors > Navigation Search.

Søren

Thanks – I need to be able to know the name of the search icon to be able to set it via JS.

This guy made a solution: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/trying-to-automatically-set-focus-in-the-search-box/

jQuery(function($){
    	$('#et_search_icon').on('click', function(){
    		setTimeout(function() {$('input.orig').focus();}, 1000);
    	});
    });

But the icons name is just # when I expect it – can you help me how to locate the header search icon name or maybe a solution to activating this javascript?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t think this jquery function is applicable to the icon on your site as your icon is placed on a pseudo-element through CSS rather than an actual DOM object.

You can try changing this on Appearance > Customize > General and change the icon type to “SVG”.

You can then use the selector span.gp-icon.icon-search > svg in place of #et_search_icon for the script.

but this shouldn’t be necessary as the default behavior of GP search function doesn’t have to be tapped/clicked twice to open.

The issue is likely caused by a conflict w/ a script.( either from custom scripts or plugins)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.