[Support request] Style MailChimp Form

Home Forums Support [Support request] Style MailChimp Form

Home Forums Support Style MailChimp Form

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi again,

Not sure you can help with this, but thought I’d ask…

After failing to get MailChimp for WordPress submit button to work properly, I decided to try and embed a MC form instead. It worked, but doesn’t pick up GP styles.

It’s on this test page:
    Test Page

Is there a not-too-complicated way to get this to pick up site text and button colours? Or to add needed code to the HTML on the Custom HTML block? And if I do, will it be responsive?

Sorry for all the questions: this first CTA is proving a huge hassle … for me, at least.

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Linda

Thanks, Leo. I put the link to the site page in my original message. Let me know if it doesn’t work.

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can always use browser inspect to see where the CSS style is coming from and overwrite it with the same selector:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/UzQtk63Kh

Sometimes it might be good to check with the plugin support first for questions specifically related to plugins – I’d assume they get similar questions a lot and have solutions ready to go.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Linda

Thanks, Leo. I’ll try both of your suggestions. Suspect I’ll get further with the first one, as MailChimp is proving NOT to be the fabulous thing it once was!

Will let you know and I appreciate all your help.

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your best bet is to spend a bit of time learning browser inspect tool.

Here is a quick example:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/d9Hp9bIWVtU

Linda

Hi Leo,

Apologies for my tardy reply.

Thanks for taking time to create a screencast. I am somewhat familiar with Inspector, and can see how it can be used to change the button text.

MailChimp has replied to my question since I contacted you so I’m sort of waiting to see what they say and getting familiar with Inspector as it relates to the current MailChimp code.

Will post back results as soon as I have them!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.