Struggling to create cool header for my sidebar widget

Home Forums Support Struggling to create cool header for my sidebar widget

Home Forums Support Struggling to create cool header for my sidebar widget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Max

Hey Tom

I struggling trying to create a header for my sidebars. I have several blog, article, chat, etc with a fontawesome icon for each.

I want to have something that looks like a dollar bill. That is light colored border at 10px. Then the icon sitting on a army green background, and then the icon itself black but with a circle background behind it in the same lighter color as the border.

This is as far as I have got and then the wheel has fallen off:

<h2 style="text-align: center; margin:5px 5px 5px 5px;padding-top: 10px;padding-bottom: 10px; background-color:#abb6a6;" background-size: 100% 60px; ><i class="fa fa-mortar-board fa-lg" style="color: #fff;"><!-- HTML comment --></i></h2>

Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated. In the past I would just knock this up in PS. But I am trying to limit the amount of graphics on this site and want to learn more code based styling.

Kind Regards

Max

Max

The left and right padding inside the widget container is 10px.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Max,

I have to be careful with what kind of support I offer in here, this seems to be more CSS/HTML help than a GeneratePress related issue.

Have you ever tried posting on http://stackoverflow.com/? It’s a great community for general coding help and might be a really helpful resource for you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.