[Resolved] Stray image at top of home page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Stray image at top of home page

Home Forums Support Stray image at top of home page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Barr

Hello. I just purchased Generate Press Premium Add-ons. I am creating a new site and have clicked on many of the options of GP to see what they do. Somehow in the process a stray image is now showing up on my home page. I am not sure if it is related to Generate Press, as I have also been adding content to the site. The image that shows is a generic image I uploaded to use when I have no picture for a particular product, but I don’t know how it got positioned below the menu and above the content. I do not want any image there.

Would you take a look at the page and offer any suggestions you may have?

http://silentwordministries.org/catalog/

Thank you for your help.

Jon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – have someone else experiencing this bug – would love to fix it ASAP.

Do you remember if you uploaded that specific image anywhere (must have)? If so, do you remember where?

Thanks! Will get this fixed as soon as I figure out what’s causing it.

Jon BarrI hope these can be a blessing to you all.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have two instances of GP installed. One is http://www.silentwordministries.org/catalog and the other is /swmnew. Both sites are under development. Swmnew does not have the image issue. It also does not have a catalog on it. I am using Woocommerce for the /catalog site.

/Catalog has the image uploaded into the media library, and resides at http://silentwordministries.org/catalog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/image-not-available3.jpg — There are modifications of this file as different sizes, such as …available3-90×90.jpg, but I would not think they would make any difference. All are in the same subdirectory.

As changes were taking place quickly, I do not know what action caused the image to appear where it does.

Both of these sites are being designed with the purpose of migrating data to a more permanent location in a few days. I plan to use WP multi-site to coordinate all my sites. Three or 4 will use GP.

Jon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jon,

Would you be willing to provide me with temp admin access so I can test a couple ideas I have? If so, can you email me at support@generatepress.com with the login info?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This should be fixed now.

Things are also going to be weird for you if you develop while having WP Super Cache activated. I suggest keeping it off until you’re completely done your website.

Thanks!

Jon BarrI hope these can be a blessing to you all.

Thank you very much!

Jonathan Barr

Well, I migrated the site to a new location and the image came back. WP Super Cache is not activated on the new location. The I’m sending you new login credentials, if you don’t mind looking at it again.

Would you mind sharing what you did last time? This is the final location for this particular site, but I don’t want to be a bother.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sorry! Haven’t released the update with this fix yet – hoping to do so today.

Once I release the update, it should fix that issue for you.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.