[Resolved] Strange space after hero image in a header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Strange space after hero image in a header

Home Forums Support Strange space after hero image in a header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nik9

Hello

I was able to create a header in elements and it works as expected. After the header creation for the Landingpage I want to add some page content with Elementor pro. Then I noticed, that there is a big space between the header hero and the first Elementor section. Also with developer tools I was not able to find out where this space comes from. If I try to remove the space with margin top -120 I have a good result on desktop but on mobile it looks bad. Is that space coming from header elements?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the spacing is from the Separating Space 40px and the Container Top Padding 80px both which are set in Customizer > Layout > Container.

However…. if you’re building your page content with Elementor then you can set the Page Builder Container to Full Width ( or Contained ):

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

This removes all the theme padding and spacing.

nik9

Hi Dave

Thanks. I see.. but actually I like the default Separating Space 40px and Top Padding 80px on sites like /shop, /my-account, etc. But I don’t like in on /home because it look a little to big. On /home i created a specific header in elements. So maybe I can simply add a CSS there to remove the Separating Space and Top Padding only on that specific site?

Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just use the Page Builder Container on your home page:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

It will only affect the pages you set it on.

nik9

Thanks for your awesome input! 🙂

Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.