[Support request] sticky top bar and show page title

Home Forums Support [Support request] sticky top bar and show page title

Home Forums Support sticky top bar and show page title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hi!

I’m very happy with how my website is looking. Almost finished – it has 70 pages and growing…

I’d like to know if you can help me with two things:

1 – I’d like to know if it is posible to make the top bar sticky independently of the sticky menu;

2 – Is it posible to show on the top bar, in a widget (html code widget for instance), the post or page title?

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Would require some CSS, we can help with that if you can share a link.
    2. Would be easier to use the Hook Element to output the Post title using the before_header hook. You could use some markup like so:

<div class="grid-container custom-top-bar">
        <h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
    </div>

The grid-container class is a GP class and will keep the content contained. The other class you can name what you like and style it how you need.

Junior Gong

Hey

I am trying to achieve the same. I am using discourse forum for my website. And I love the fact that discourse displays the topic title in the sticky header when scrolling down.

Example:
    https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-2-2-0-beta5-release-notes/103097

Would you mind posting the function to put the post title into the sticky header?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

would be best to raise a new topic where you can share a link to your site privately as it will require some tweaking to suit your site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.