[Resolved] Sticky right sidebar at bottom

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky right sidebar at bottom

Home Forums Support Sticky right sidebar at bottom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hi, I have the problem that the right sidebar is shorter than the content. Scrolling down, when the content of the sidebar is finished, the area becomes blank.
    Is it possible to make the sidebar stick to the bottom so it stops scrolling when the end of the sidebar is reached?
    Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I wonder if a plugin like this would help?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/q2w3-fixed-widget/

Let me know 🙂

Bernhard

Hi Tom,
    it’s a good workaround. It does not address the sidebar but single widgets. Means that the sidebar does not stop at the bottom but if below the fixed widgets are others, they scroll over the fixed widgets (sample). Furthermore, only the fixed widgets remain visible and this does not work perfect with different browser heights (eg. widgets are not fully visible).
    I know the CSS to fix the sidebar to the top, is there nothing similar to fix the sidebar to the bottom?
    Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i think whatever method you use will cause some problems. For example this CSS:

#right-sidebar {
        position: -webkit-sticky;
        position: sticky;
        top: 0;
    }

Which will stick the sidebar to the top – it will also force the sidebar to remain in view once its about to scroll out of the viewport. Problem is there is a point where the sidebar will remain static before continuing to scroll.

So i am not sure there is a solution, aside of using the above plugin and reserving the sticky attributes to the bottom stack of widgets.

Bernhard

Hi David,
    ok, I will then go ahead with the Q2W3 widget.
    Thank you for your help
    Bernhard

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.