[Resolved] Sticky-navigation that appears only from a specific section, not before

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky-navigation that appears only from a specific section, not before

Home Forums Support Sticky-navigation that appears only from a specific section, not before

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Betty

Hi,

In my Hero section, I have a background image and a button.

In the second section, there is an article.

How to make the #sticky-navigation invisible when scrolling from the top of the page to the 2nd section (where there is the first line of the article) and then make it appear starting from this second section?

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the sticky navigation script doesn’t have that functionality – the only simple way to do it would be to move the Primary Navigation so it sits below the hero section – is that an option ?

Betty

Hi David,

No, I prefer to keep it above.

I saw this functionality on a website.

Is it possible with CSS?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately – that site isn’t built with GenereatePress or the same sticky code. Sticky Navs are more complicated then a scroll down top bar like that one. As it requires cloning the navigation.

Betty

Got it!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot David! πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i couldn’t provide a solution πŸ™ – but its on my notes for future features πŸ™‚

Betty

Hey David, you did provide an answer => GREAT support!

Have a great day! πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You too and thank you πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.