[Resolved] Sticky navigation causes site to jump

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky navigation causes site to jump

Home Forums Support Sticky navigation causes site to jump

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marius

Hi,

I’ve noticed that the site body would briefly jump with certain settings for “Layout -> Primary Navigation” and “Layout -> Sticky navigation”. The problem goes away once I disable the “navigation search” option in “Layout -> Primary Navigation” dialog.

I’m on the latest versions. The test website (for you folks from GP staff) is basically a fresh WP installation where I installed the GP Theme + Premium, imported the site from the site-library, and changed settings only in Layout -> Container/Header/Primary Navigation/Sticky Navigation. Let me know if you want admin access, this is a pure test-site.

Thanks!
    Marius

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just checked the link and not noticing anything obvious.

Is there a specific page where I can see this issue?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marius

Any page that has sufficient material to allow for vertical scrolling. The “About me” page for instance. Use Firefox ;).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try this CSS?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sticky-navigation-causing-a-skip-in-firefox/#post-497489

Would be 50px for you.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marius

Hi Leo. On the particular site I sent you, the fix works. Thank you. However, I have another site (just take the original URL and let it end with “wordpress/”, instead of “wordpress-test”). There, even when applying the fix, the site is still jumpy during vertical scrolling, even in Chrome! The jumps would only stop if forced the menu items to be placed below the logo, e.g. by increasing “Menu Item Height” setting (from 20 to something larger), or enforcing a “Navigation drop point”, which is not what I want.

Best regards!
    Marius

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try adding this, instead?:

#sticky-placeholder .navigation-branding {
        display: none;
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marius

That did the trick, thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.