[Resolved] Sticky header resize after scroll

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky header resize after scroll

Home Forums Support Sticky header resize after scroll

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cameron

Thus far I have not been able to find the info I am looking for. I have just DL the theme, installed the pro plugin 1.2.94 and would like to know how can I get my sticky header (primary navigation) to work like yours on generatepress.com?

Initially, yours is around 100 high and after scrolling it fades in, but it is much smaller maybe around 60.

Mine stays at 100 before and after the fade.

Is this CSS to be added somewhere or is there some setting I am over looking?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Cameron,

That’s weird. I think the sticky navigation should show up at 60px in height by default.

There are no additional CSS used for the sticky menu on this site.

Can you provide a link to your site?

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This site is using the regular header with the Navigation Location set to float right.

Then when the navigation becomes sticky, it uses the menu item height.

Cameron

Hi Leo & Tom. I apologize about the late reply. I have made a video of what I am seeing and hopefully this can help us get the same type of header action on my site as you do on GP.

Vid is on dropbox

Regards,

Cameron

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the video!

Sorry for the confusion.

By “regular header”, I mean the logo you upload in “Customize > Site Identity”.

Then, in “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation”, you set the “Navigation Location” (not alignment) to “Float Right”.

Then you control the height of your header by increasing or decreasing the top/bottom padding in “Customize > Layout > Header”.

Now for the navigation.

You would set the Menu Item Height (Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation) to 60px (or whatever), and set the navigation to appear only on sticky (not sticky + static).

Let me know if this makes more sense ๐Ÿ™‚

Cameron

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Your explanation was clear however, I am a bit slow at this, but I did get what you were saying after a while.
    1. The header is the first thing seen on generatepress.com
    2. After the scroll, and the header disappears, the sticky navigation bar appears.
    So, we are seeing two different components that appear to be one thing.

It did take me a while to get it similar to GP setup, but then just abandoned going that route and opted for a smaller navigation bar that is static + sticky and decreased the header to 0 with the padding upper and lower effectively removing it as I do not know how to do it otherwise. I will be using the Elementor for the design going forth.

I did make a vid, which is not edited and is long at around 20 mins as I fumble around to make this change. It took me till 3:50 to realize that you were saying these are two separate components. The vid might give insight in someones quest.

Thanks for the support.
    PS it would be nice when I login I could quickly see any support tickets that are still open. Maybe there is a quicker way than the one I am currently using, which is enter into search and find the thread.

Regards,
    Cameron

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you were able to get it working!

A way to view unresolved topics would be very useful, I’ll look into it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.