[Support request] Starter sites for architect site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Starter sites for architect site

Home Forums Support Starter sites for architect site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I am thinking of building a site for a friend who has an architecture/building site. They are planning on using this theme
    ( https://preview.themeforest.net/item/calafate-portfolio-woocommerce-creative-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/17338706?_ga=2.12965879.1976114016.1559832937-868220171.1559832937)

but I would prefer to use GeneratePress. I have GP and wondering if you could recommend a GeneratePress starter site that would be close to the proposed theme/site above?

Thanks

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that theme looks very bespoke with a lot of custom work for the Portfolio pages. Aside of the Zeal theme having a tiny resemblance because of the dark color styling there isn’t really anything that matches.

The portfolio grids and lists would require a plugin or custom development to start with.

Mark

Thanks David.

I was hoping to be able to use GeneratePress, as I really don’t like the support offered by Theme Forest authors.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

there is a paid plugin called The Grid that does some neat looking post / portfolio grids if thats the main requirement of the site. But it is on Envato…. urgh lol

Mark

Thanks,

I can use GeneratePress, but I hate to have to start from scratch, when there are some themes out there that are almost ready to go. I have heard that “Astra” is pretty good and has a large amount of starter sites.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’re working on a whole new bunch of Sites. Three new Elementor sites have just been added. And more to come across all formats. Dark theme one in progress, maybe we’ll tailor that towards architect/design.

I find a lot of the competitors site libraries are just page builder set-ups, very few with any custom functions ( if any ) – so a lot are just really images in content in pre-built rows. Can’t knock the design but there are so many good template libraries out there for that kind of thing it seems wasteful to compete.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.