[Support request] Start page image size

Home Forums Support [Support request] Start page image size

Home Forums Support Start page image size

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dk5ew

Hi,

I added a image in the header of my homepage above the navigation/menu bar.

Problem is I can’t adjust the size of the image. I tried with different sizes of image itself but I want to show the whole image in a reduced size over the full header. It seems it’s all the time only a part of the image displayed.

How can I do that ? I think this is not possible with elements.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Background images will try to fill the entire area, but they won’t change the size of the element they’re applied to. So if the image isn’t the same size as the element, the entire image won’t show unless you want the image to get stretched.

You could add the image as a regular image instead of a background image if you want the entire thing to show?

dk5ew

I’m not sure if we talking about the same.

My header image is nit a background image it’s a regular image but I cant’t size it to fit in it’s full size to fit into page’s header.

How to add image a regular image ?

dk5ew

Hmmm…after reading the online documentation I’m not sure if my GP is running proper.
    I do not see f.e. Page Hero and other items that are described.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that image in your site header is set as the Header Background. You can increase the Header Padding in Customzier > Layout > Header to increase the size of the container and display more background.

The Header Element / Page Hero is part of the Elements Module:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/elements-overview/

You need to make sure it is activated in Appearance > GeneratePress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.