[Resolved] Specific fonts for footer, widget, & sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Specific fonts for footer, widget, & sidebar

Home Forums Support Specific fonts for footer, widget, & sidebar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Josh

Hi. I feel like I need to do the obligatory compliment before my question – not because I have to but because I want to: this is the most incredible theme, support, and FUN I’ve had making a wordpress site in a long time … so THANK YOU for providing the best theme ever. (I’ve used Avada, X Theme, Enfold, Newspaper, Total, and etc.) Yes, I am a premium user.

Here’s my situation: I want to use a serif face for my blog copy – so I’ve made that my “body” font. But I want to reserve that for just the body copy. NOT the footer, NOT the widget, or sidebar default text.

So… is there an easy way for me to assign a different font to footer, widget text, and sidebar text?

ONE MORE QUESTION – are there any plans in the works to add a letter spacing slider to the typography menus?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Josh,

Very glad you are enjoying GP the most after trying out all other themes πŸ™‚

Some CSS would require to assign different font family to the body text of footer, widget and sidebar.

For footer widget and sidebar widget, the CSS depends on what you have in there: text, lists, links etc IF you don’t want to change the title at the same time. So if you can let me know what you have in there (or provide a link which will be easier), then I can give you the CSS for it.

For footer (copyright) section, CSS below should work:

.copyright-bar {
        font-family: sans-serif;
        font-weight: 300;
    }

I believe letter spacing is indeed in the plan πŸ™‚

Let me know.

Josh

The copywrite worked.

Is there a way to change the weight?

Also want to make the Side bar copy OPEN SANS and the Text for widgets OPEN SANS….

http://storythinker.com/josh

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Adjusted code above to add font weight.

Looks like currently you only have text widget, so this CSS should work:

.textwidget {
        font-family: Open Sans;
    }

Let me know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could do this if you’re wanting to use Open Sans for those all of those area:

.sidebar,
    .site-footer {
        font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;
    }

The reason these options don’t exist is people typically want a uniform font, and loading too many fonts on your website will slow it down.

Using Open Sans in the CSS above will only work if you’ve loaded it somewhere else (as you have in the navigation).

Josh

Worked perfectly!! (How do you deal with this all day long!?)

One more: the meta type is still set to the body face

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this:

.entry-meta {
        font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;
    }
    Josh

You guys are the greatest support I have ever received online. Thank you so much.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re very welcome πŸ™‚

Sean

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I wanted to add onto the .entry-meta portion. I was looking to change the meta font on all pages(index, as well as the blog article as well). Is this something GP can add in the future under the font section? A way to change the font for the Meta texts? I tried using both entry-meta and meta in CSS to customize that font, but it will only change it on my Index page, not in the post:

It uses the custom CSS: https://erixon.me/
    Doesn’t use the custom CSS: https://erixon.me/beatsx-marks-the-spot/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hmm this is the first time the request has come up so likely not in the customizer.

This CSS should do though for the meta in page header:

.inside-page-header p {
        font-family: "Ubuntu", sans-serif;
    }

Feel free to start another topic is you have additional questions.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.