[Resolved] Spaces, alignment and clickable items

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Spaces, alignment and clickable items

Home Forums Support Spaces, alignment and clickable items

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tenchystryder

Evening guys

Right have a couple of really annoying things to sort out. I really am not sure if they all GP related or not so let me know if you don’t think they are.

1)- On my home page I have displayed a meta slider that shows a couple of small banners within the header which eventually will show sponsors banners who help pay for website. It has been added with shortcode into an html widget. The issue is the hyperlink only works when you click around the edges of the small banners. Really annoying.

2)- Secondly, using a hook, I have added a larger meta slider positioned ‘inside_container’. Works fine as no hyperlinks here but it has too much padding below it (big white gap) prior to contained content. I would just like to close this up a bit.(less gap)

tenchystryder

Sorry, that’s background light blue below big slider not white gap ๐Ÿ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. This looks to be an issue with the structure of the slider. Each slide is a link, but it’s set to 67×12 for the size: http://prntscr.com/n4vssb

That might be something you need to ask meta slider about.

2. Looks like the slider has padding set to the bottom. You can remove it with this CSS:

.ms-theme-cubic {
        padding-bottom: 0;
    }

The rest of the space is your Separating Space option. You can remove it like this:

.right-sidebar.separate-containers .site-main {
        margin-top: 0;
    }
    tenchystryder

Hi Tom
    Hope you are well

This code

.ms-theme-cubic {
        padding-bottom: 0;
    }

Worked perfectly to resolve the space under the big slider. I never used the second code you posted.

I have also resolved the issue with the link on the small banner. It was MetaSlider’s “Coin Slider” that caused the issue. I switched to “R.Slide” and “FlexSlider” and it works fine.

As always, a perfect response and great service

Keep up the excellent work Tom (and team)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.