[Resolved] Some Font Awesome icons are not showing?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Some Font Awesome icons are not showing?

Home Forums Support Some Font Awesome icons are not showing?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Adam

It actually currently has font awesome 5 selected.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I notice on the contact page the icons are now working. You should find that the codes we provided are not necessary as long as you have BB content with an FA 5 icon loading on the page

Adam

Hey David,

So we are unsure as to what the cause of the icons not appearing are when the beaver builder plug is activated but not being used. But if I use beaver builder on the page then it shows the icons as its being loaded through beaver builder.

So as long as I have beaver builder active on each page it will load the icon in the generate press menu?

Luckily I was planning on using the beaver builder plug in on each page so that will solve the problem but I do wonder why there is such a conflict happening with the icons being loaded through generate press.

I’ll see if that happens in other future websites that I use Beaver Builder and Generate Press on. Who knows, maybe this particular issue was caused by the fact that the site is in staging mode or maybe something that the Avada theme did to the wordpress files before I uninstalled the Avada theme.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you still have this code active?:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'tu_load_font_awesome' );
    /**
     * Enqueue Font Awesome.
     */
    function tu_load_font_awesome() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome', '//use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.3.1/css/all.css', array(), '5.3.1' );
    }

That will load Font Awesome on pages that don’t currently have it added (non-Beaver Builder pages).

Adam

Hey Tom,

I have that code active in the code snippets plug in. But when I made a new page that is not using beaver builder(although that plug in is still active in general) the FA icons still do not show in the generate press menu.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to one of those pages specifically?

Adam

Hey Tom,

Sorry for the slow response! I got caught up with finishing the site so I am not sure what exactly solved the problem, but all the pages I was using were using the beaver builder so I stopped noticing the FA issue. I recently pushed that site live out of the staging area and now when I make new pages the FA icons show up properly on the menu, even without using beaver builder on the page. So that is great, just not sure why it was acting up originally or what fixed it but that is okay. I actually ended up trying out this code that was suggested by the beaver builder support before I forgot about it.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'tu_load_font_awesome' );
    /**
     * Enqueue Font Awesome.
     */
    function tu_load_font_awesome() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome-5' );
    }

Is that code okay or should I use the one you suggested above?

Thanks for your help as always.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That looks good, as long as font-awesome-5 is registered somewhere (likely by Beaver Builder) ๐Ÿ™‚

Adam

Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – thanks for reporting back! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.