[Resolved] some Errors found with ThemeCheck 20140929.1

Home Forums Support [Resolved] some Errors found with ThemeCheck 20140929.1

Home Forums Support some Errors found with ThemeCheck 20140929.1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alex

Hello Tom,
    I use your great template “GeneratePress 1.18”.

Today I run the plugin ThemeCheck and get the follow messages:

One or more errors were found for GeneratePress.

REQUIRED: Found a Customizer setting that did not have a sanitization callback function. Every call to the add_setting() method needs to have a sanitization callback function passed.
    RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “custom-header”, $args ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.
    RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “custom-background”, $args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme implement this functionality.
    RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.
    RECOMMENDED: Found the URL of a CDN in the code: maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome. You should not load CSS or Javascript resources from a CDN, please bundle them with the theme.

Please examine the messages.
    Why you need the link (http://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome) to this code?

<Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>6E8BACF2C6B21E09</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    Dy4hbYwAEmUBkbQHv1vzaMoa8KRQEinzEJtTF8oUlEsRMj3w9wBrTukR8Do0RUFs
    </HostId>
    </Error>

Thx in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – the theme reviewers over at WordPress.org won’t even let you upload if run into a “Required” – all of our options run through sanitization, so I’m not sure where that error is coming from.

I just ran the check on the theme and it didn’t show up.

The other recommended notices aren’t necessary – GeneratePress handles background and image uploading in the Customizer.

As for FontAwesome – I’ve just bundled it with the theme, so the next version won’t be using a CDN.

Thanks!

Alex

Hi Tom,

Interesting – the theme reviewers over at WordPress.org won’t even let you upload if run into a “Required” – all of our options run through sanitization, so I’m not sure where that error is coming from.
    I just ran the check on the theme and it didn’t show up.

Its a new installation and I havent chance something in your code.
    Do you run the check with the theme reviewer from WordPress.org or do you run the plugin ThemeCheck?

Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I run the check through the plugin, and then the theme is ran through a secondary check on upload to WordPress.org.

I had a WordPress.org admin check through the Customizer to make sure all of the options were sanitized.

The only option which isn’t sanitized, which may be causing the notice for you, is the header upload option, which is a core WordPress function that doesn’t need sanitization (confirmed by WordPress.org admin).

Thanks!

Alex

Tom,
    I am confused now.
    What can I do / where can I search to find the problem?

Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Alex,

There’s no problem to search for 🙂

Everything is as it should be in the theme.

Thanks!

Alex

Hi Tom,

you make my day. 🙂

Thanks for helping.
    Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help 🙂

Thanks!

Maria Campbell

Hi Tom,

When I went into developer tools yesterday, I noticed that a lot of “dirty” garbage came up regarding GeneratePress’ Customizer. I noticed the comments you made here about it. I however, have not done much with the header I don’t think. Could you please check it out? The link to the site I am working on using GP is:

thelarryparksshow.com

Please advise as to what is going on with it. I have yet to install ThemeCheck etc. in my development environment and check against there. I will do it a bit later today. Thanks!

Best regards,

Maria

Maria Campbell

Tom,

I just wanted to make a correction. I didn’t see this in developer tools. It was in Chrome->Developer->View Source.

Thanks,

Maria

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure what you mean by dirty garbage?

If you mean the CSS in your <head> section – it isn’t garbage, it’s all of the CSS settings you’ve tweaked using the Customizer.

You can learn more about it here: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/why-does-gp-stick-a-heap-of-inline-css-in-my-header/

At this time, this is the best performing way to include CSS that has been modified by the user.

If you’re concerned (it’s actually better performing than linking to a stylesheet), you can use a plugin like this to clean it all up: https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.