[Resolved] Some doubts about Generateblocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Some doubts about Generateblocks

Home Forums Support Some doubts about Generateblocks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eduard sans

Hi there!

First of all, congratulations on generateblocks, it is a truly well-thought tool. Lightweight, simple but powerful. I’ve spent days comparing gutenberg add-on plugins and, to be honest, at first i wasn’t really sure about yours because everyone just advertises so many blocks with so many features and it kinda gets in your head when comparing it to a “simple” 4 blocks plugin. But I wanted to give it a try and I’m loving it so far!

Anyway, I’ve been doing some basic tests with some designs (in the URL provided), and so far I’ve found a couple things that I’m not sure whether they’re my fault or the plugin’s fault. I’m not asking for a solution since I can easily solve them with css but I was more interested in knowing whether there was a built-in answer to these things that I couldn’t find. So I double-checked my css file to make sure nothing got in the way… and everything seemed right. So here I go:

1) Random margin when using the top full-width image in this div:

.wp-block-image {
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    }

Can’t seem to find what triggers it since I don’t have any margins in this image.

2) Is it possible to manually control the line-height and/or margins of each text element, like <h2> and <p>? instead of always having them inherited from the global rules?
    I couldn’t find a way and I think it would be a simple but really useful thing to add if not implemented yet.

Thanks in advance! and keep up the good work!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice, we appreciate the kind words.:)

1) Random margin when using the top full-width image in this div:

.wp-block-image {
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    }

This is added by WordPress by default. You can bypass this by placing the image inside a GenerateBlocks grid. Once you do that, you’ll see this CSS code:

.gb-grid-wrapper .wp-block-image {
        margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

Alternatively, you can simply force the .wp-block-image to have no margin-bottom by adding this CSS code:

.wp-block-image {
        margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    }

Here’s How to add CSS.

2) Is it possible to manually control the line-height and/or margins of each text element, like <h2> and <p>? instead of always having them inherited from the global rules?
    I couldn’t find a way and I think it would be a simple but really useful thing to add if not implemented yet.

You may want to read more about Typography Overview.

Anything outside of typography customization’s capabilities can be achieved via custom CSS. You just need to know the CSS selectors of the <h2> and <p> elements you want to control for you to be able assign styles specifically.

Hope this helps.

eduard sans

Hi Elvin, thanks for responding. As I said, I knew how to solve it with CSS (no need for the code, but thanks!), I was asking for a built-in solution but I guess there is none.

In this case, I’d like to add these as a suggestion for a next update (either GP Premium or Generateblocks) in order to not having to switch to css for such simple things. Is this the right channel to do so?

1) I think that being able to control these margins on random classes like .wp-block-image or just bypassing them without the need of code should be done. Otherwise I can imagine a lot of people -without the knowledge- struggling with such simple things.
    2) Same goes with line-height and margins of text elements.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. More control over the image block would be nice, for sure. We may end up just hooking into the core block, although the issue of it not having a unique class becomes an issue when it comes to dynamic styling. We’re looking into it.

2. The Headline block should have options for line height in the Typography panel, and margin within the Spacing panel. Are you not seeing those?

Let me know 🙂

eduard sans

Hi there Tom! again, great job so far with generateblocks. I wanted to kiss goodbye Elementor for a long time but on the client side I was always a little bit forced to keep working with one of these massive visual editors.

Anyway,

1) I can imagine it’s not easy, I’m familiar some of these classes that seem to pop out of nowhere. But if you ultimately find a solution, that would be a great step.
    2) The way I see it: the only way to change line-height and margin on headlines is through global settings > Typography > headlines.
    While editing a post, if I click on the headline block, the only options displayed on the side menu are the same as for paragraph (which is “Size”).

In case i’m not explaining myself good enough, this is what I see:
    screenshot

That’s what I meant before, it would be really nice to be able to control line-height and margins of each text element from that panel and overwrite the global settings. And by each text element I mean not only headlines. if you ask me, it would be nice to have full control of these basic settings on p, ul, li and so on.

PS: Are there any plans on enabling a way to add videos on backgrounds? I don’t know whether this is going to be another fad like the annoying sliders, but it’s been pretty demanded to me lately.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, it looks like you’re using the core Heading block. Instead, try our “Headline” block – it has way more control.

We may do background videos in the pro version of GenerateBlocks – I’m not a huge fan of them personally, but it may make its way in if it’s requested enough.

eduard sans

Damn, what a silly mistake. Didn’t even realize! ok, never mind then about the headlines xD.

Not a fan either from the video backgrounds but it feels like it’s a thing nowadays. Thanks Tom.

One last question, when is this pro version being released (approx.)? is there any more info about it? like any new features that for sure are going to be there?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We don’t have a date at the moment, but we’re hoping to have it out soon 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.