[Resolved] Smart Slider 3 Width Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Smart Slider 3 Width Issue

Home Forums Support Smart Slider 3 Width Issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi,

I have been trying to sort an issue regarding Smart Slider 3. The issue occurs when resizing the browser window, the slider container will not resize with it. I contacted Smart Slider 3 and there’s a possibility the issue may be coming from GP. Below is part of their email response to me:

These kind of problems are happening, when there are float css issues in the theme. Either our slider was put into a place, which has float:right or float:left css code on it, and if this doesn’t have a width css code given as well, this place will always be the same width as it has loaded, because it was made to just float over the content. If that is the case a width:100%; css code would solve the issue. Another problem could be, if float css codes were used before the place, where you put our slider, and in this case this place inherits some of these floatings as well, messing up the width. For that you could try to turn on the “Clear both before slider” option:
    https://smartslider3.helpscoutdocs.com/article/1294-slider-settings-developer

Notes:
    – I did try the “Clear both before slider” option they suggested but it didn’t work.
    – I tried placing the shortcode in both elementor and on the page itself.

The site is currently on maintenance mode but you can use the following temporary account to login and view the issue if required:
    Username: tempacc
    Pass: temppass

I have placed a slide in this page as an example:
    https://m31ware.com/test-page

Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try adding the slider using our Page Header add-on?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/

Let me know if that works.

Joe

Hey Leo, thanks for the reply. I just added it to the page header addon but no luck.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did they actually point you towards something in the theme? None of the containers for that slider are set to float.

If they look at the code, they’ll see the width attribute they’ve applied to the slider isn’t updating on resize.

If they can see why it’s not working and it’s theme related, then I should be able to help.

Joe

No they did not point to anything specific, I didn’t give them the URL only screen shots.

I had a feeling the issue was coming from the plugin itself rather than GP, since this only happened to this specific plugin. I thought I would ask here anyway.

I will get back to them and see if there’s anything they can do, otherwise I’ll have to find a different slider plugin. I’ll update this if I get it sorted. Thanks! πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve used Smart Slider with GP a couple times and they worked really well.

You can see that it’s responsive on this page: http://www.cailincarrier.com/paramedic/

Maybe check the settings within the plugin as well πŸ™‚

Joe

Finally managed to find where the issue was coming from…

I decided to go on a completely fresh (sub) domain and test Smart Slider 3 with a fresh WP installation using the GP theme. Everything worked as expected. πŸ˜€

I checked all the default settings on Smart Slider but that wasn’t it either. I then resorted to deactivating each of my plugins and then reloading the page.

The issue is somehow caused by the “WP Project Manager” plugin. I had been trying out this plugin and after disabling it, the slider becomes responsive. I confirmed this by installing WP Project Manager on the fresh domain and there it was again.

Thanks for your help guys!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.